Happy Friday All!
With school starting up again, smoothies have been my best friend! Especially with my Nurtibullet. Smoothies are super easy and quick to make and great if you are running out the door like me! Check this one out if you are looking for an on-the-road breakfast/snack option!
What You Need:
1 Handful of Raw SPINACH
1 Scoop Protein (I used Ghost Milk Chocolate)
1/4 Cup Frozen Blueberries
4-5 Ice Cubes
What You Do:
Throw everything in your blender, add some water (about 6 ounces), and enjoy!
What’s you favorite breakfast smoothie recipe?
Happy Friday All!
Rather than sharing a recipe today, I wanted to talk about some of my supplements I use daily! While these are not essential for anyone’s diet, I do love throwing protein in shakes, flavoring my water with BCAAs, and talking a multi-vitamin to make sure I am getting my micros. In any case, here are the brands I use.
- For my multi, I just use GNC’s Women’s Ultra Mega multivitamin. I did take their Women’s Ultra Mega Active and Women’s Ultra Mega Energy & Metabolism at one point in time. However, the plain mega is my favorite. It doesn’t burn my stomach when I take the vitamins, and it doesn’t keep me up all night either.
- I switch back and forth between two protein brands: PEScience and Ghost. I absolutely love PEScience’s casein and whey blend. The texture is perfect. I often times just drink the protein mixed with water–no blender or extra ingredients! They also nailed their peanut butter chocolate and peanut butter cookie flavors.
- On the other hand, I do occasional purchase Ghost protein as well. I really like their texture of protein as well, and they again nailed there peanut butter cereal milk flavor. It literally tastes like milk from a bowl of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. I also purchased their coffee flavor, and enjoyed it in the mornings!
- I recently started buying BCAAs because I never drink enough water! By adding this into my jug before I leave for school in the morning, I actually find myself looking for a water fountain for a refill by noon! I tried Ghost’s blue raspberry flavor and Xtend’s blueberry lemonade. I do like Xtend’s flavor slightly better than Ghost’s because Ghost’s blue raspberry has a bitter of a sour taste. If you like sour though, I would recommend Ghost!
- Finally, the last product I want to talk about is PEScience’s Alphamine. I really liked drinking this product. It has a litter more caffeine than a cup of coffee, which I find is the perfect amount of caffeine for me! It doesn’t make you feel jittery or anything during a workout, but it does wake you up for your early lifts.
What are your favorite supplements to use?
Happy Friday All!
I am currently using PEScience protein to supplement my diet and training. I typically switch back and forth between PEScience and Ghost protein. I love their peanut butter and chocolate flavors!
Rather than just drink straight protein and water (though, I do this sometimes, too!), I have been putting my NutriBullet to use to throw in had some extra texture and a serving a veggies. This shake is also very simple and requires minima ingredients!
What I Use:
6-10 Ice Cubes
2 Handfuls of Spinach
1 Scoop Protein
Add your ice cubes to the bottom of your container, so you can use this as a line for the amount of water you are going to use. Then, pack in your spinach and top off with a scoop of your favorite protein.
Blend for 30 to 60 seconds, and add to a fun glass (only if you want to!).
6 Carbs, 1 Fat, 25 Protein
It’s super simple, cures my sweet tooth, and tastes delicious!
What’s your favorite protein shake recipe?