Happy Wednesday All!
Looking to burn some calories before turkey day next week? Try this progressive treadmill run for your next cardio session!
Warmup: Walk for 5 minutes
The Workout: Increase your running speed every 5 minutes. At the same time, decrease the incline you are running at. Complete one round for a total of 20 minutes.
- Run at 6.0 mph* and set incline to 3
- Increase speed to 6.5 mph and decrease incline to 2
- Increase speed to 7.0 mph and decrease incline to 1
- Increase speed to 7.5 mph and decrease incline to 0
*adjust speed according to you!
Cool Down: Walk 5 minutes
What’s your favorite cardio workout?
Happy Monday All!
Given the recent nice whether, I have been trying to get outdoors as much as possible before it turns icy and cold. With that being said, getting in the sun and going for a run a few times a week as helped my mood tremendously!
To track my runs, I use two different devices: a TomTom Watch and MapMyRun.
When I ran in high school, my watch was my best friend. I still use it from time to time, but I tend to stick more to MapMyRun now. I like the fact that the app tells you the mileage and pace in your ear, so I can adjust my pace based on how I am feeling. Plus, you can add friends and create a support community!
How do you incorporate getting outdoors in your workouts?
Happy Wednesday All!
I figured I would switch it up and squeeze in a quick 30 minute interval training session (on the stairmaster stepmill) between my classes instead of going for a run. Here’s what you do:
5 minute warm-up (easy level)
2 minutes on, 3 minutes off (4 Rounds Total)
- The 2 minute period is your working interval. Pick a moderately challenging level and climb some stairs! (I kick it up to level 15-18 to increase my heart beat.)
- The 3 minute period is your rest time. I usually decrease my working level by 3-5 levels depending on how I am feeling!
- Repeat until you hit 25 minutes on the clock!
5 minute cool-down (easy level)
And that’s it!
What’s your favorite way to burn calories when you are short on time?