Happy Friday All!
Rather than sharing a recipe today, I wanted to talk about some of my supplements I use daily! While these are not essential for anyone’s diet, I do love throwing protein in shakes, flavoring my water with BCAAs, and talking a multi-vitamin to make sure I am getting my micros. In any case, here are the brands I use.
- For my multi, I just use GNC’s Women’s Ultra Mega multivitamin. I did take their Women’s Ultra Mega Active and Women’s Ultra Mega Energy & Metabolism at one point in time. However, the plain mega is my favorite. It doesn’t burn my stomach when I take the vitamins, and it doesn’t keep me up all night either.
- I switch back and forth between two protein brands: PEScience and Ghost. I absolutely love PEScience’s casein and whey blend. The texture is perfect. I often times just drink the protein mixed with water–no blender or extra ingredients! They also nailed their peanut butter chocolate and peanut butter cookie flavors.
- On the other hand, I do occasional purchase Ghost protein as well. I really like their texture of protein as well, and they again nailed there peanut butter cereal milk flavor. It literally tastes like milk from a bowl of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. I also purchased their coffee flavor, and enjoyed it in the mornings!
- I recently started buying BCAAs because I never drink enough water! By adding this into my jug before I leave for school in the morning, I actually find myself looking for a water fountain for a refill by noon! I tried Ghost’s blue raspberry flavor and Xtend’s blueberry lemonade. I do like Xtend’s flavor slightly better than Ghost’s because Ghost’s blue raspberry has a bitter of a sour taste. If you like sour though, I would recommend Ghost!
- Finally, the last product I want to talk about is PEScience’s Alphamine. I really liked drinking this product. It has a litter more caffeine than a cup of coffee, which I find is the perfect amount of caffeine for me! It doesn’t make you feel jittery or anything during a workout, but it does wake you up for your early lifts.
What are your favorite supplements to use?